Windows 7 Password Reset in Safe Mode via Administrator
When Windows 7 was installed completely, a built-in administrator was created at the same time. The Administrator account has no password unless you create one for it. So it is possible to reset Windows 7 forgotten admin password if you can access Windows 7 computer with built-in administrator in Safe Mode. Now we will try to login Windows 7 with the built-in administrator and reset forgotten administrator password.
1. Boot or reboot your Windows 7 PC or laptop.
- 2. Press F8 repeatedly until the Windows Advanced Options Menu screen appears.
- 3. Select Safe Mode in the coming screen, and then Press Enter.
- 4. Log in Windows 7 with Administrator account when you see login screen.
- 5. Click Start > open the control panel > users accounts, and select locked administrator to reset its password. Or run command prompt as administrator to reset Windows 7 password with net user command.